Beginning on Tuesday, March 16, Cinema Art Bethesda will stream the French film, Two of Us (Deux). The stream will be available to purchase until Sunday, March 21. There will be a $8.00 charge to view the film.
The film is 95 minutes long and in French with English subtitles. It was released in 2019 and was the winner of 9 awards including the Grand Jury Prize at the 2020 Angers European First Film Festival and the Best cinematography Debut at the 2020 Camerimage awards. It was nominated for 20 awards including the 2021 Golden Globe Best Motion Picture – Foreign Language award and 2021 Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards for Best Foreign Language film. It has also been shortlisted for an Academy Award.
Viewing the Film
There is an $8 charge to view the film.
To view the film:
- Click the following link (or copy and paste it into your browser’s address bar) https://watch.eventive.org/twoofus/play/60242d8115098407f3edcf9d
- A pop-up will appear. Enter your email address and select Continue or select Continue with Facebook. Then fill out the information to create an account.
- Enter your payment information
- Select Order (or pre-order if you are doing this before March 16th)
Note that a Q&A video with the director and actors available after viewing the film.
A post-film discussion moderated by Adam Spector will take place via Zoom at noon Sunday, March 21. To join the Zoom meeting on your computer, click the following link or copy and paste it into your browser’s address bar.
- If you are asked for a Meeting ID, use: 958 7904 9121
- If you are asked for a Passcode, use: 842135
To join by phone dial by your location:
- +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
- +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- Meeting ID: 958 7904 9121
- Passcode: 842135
If your local number is not on the list, find it here: https://zoom.us/u/apL89FMNf
Two retired women, Nina (Barbara Sukowa) and Madeleine (Martine Chevallier), have been secretly in love for decades. Everybody, including Madeleine’s family, thinks they are simply neighbors, sharing the top floor of their building. They come and go between their two apartments, enjoying the affection and pleasures of daily life together, until an unforeseen event turns their relationship upside down and leads Madeleine’s daughter to gradually unravel the truth about them.
(Text and Photo from the distributor’s website)